Rhinoplasty is one of the surgeries performed to change the shape of the nose, improve breathing, and like any surgery, the patient needs special care after surgery, to speed up the healing process and reduce the risk of complications. . after the operation, How is the cleaning and washing of the nose after rhinoplasty?
How to clean the nose after rhinoplasty?
You can start cleaning your nose after the splint is removed, i.e., 7-10 days after surgery, taking care to do it gently until the nose heals completely, and there are many ways to clean your nose, including the following:
Use cotton swabs and hydrogen peroxide.
Using ear cotton and hydrogen peroxide is one of the safe and effective ways to clean and disinfect the nose after cosmetic surgery, and it is done as follows:
- Pour a small amount of hydrogen peroxide onto a cotton ball.
- Soak the cotton tip of the ears with cotton containing hydrogen peroxide.
- Gently insert the cotton tip into the nostril to remove dried blood.
It is important to note that you should not put pressure on the nose during this procedure so that no residue remains that causes the nose to close.
Use a damp towel
In some cases, the mucus forms a dry crust around the nostrils and is removed with a towel soaked in warm water, where the area around the nose is patted to remove the crust, being careful not to wipe or scrape the crusts in the nose, as this causes swelling and irritation of the nose, delaying the healing process.
Rinse with a solution of water and salt.
When you experience nasal congestion or obstruction, you should not remove anything from the nose manually, but it is recommended to wash your nose with a solution of water and salt, to relieve the feeling of congestion and obstruction in the nose and reduce the risk of infections.
The solution is prepared at home by dissolving a teaspoon of table salt in a cup of clean water, and the solution is placed in the nose using a large dropper-like device, and the nose is rinsed using the following steps:
- Pin your head to the side.
- Insert the solution with the dropper into the upper nostril, until it comes out of the lower nostril.
- Slide your head to the other side, then repeat the previous step to make sure you clear your nose.
What is the importance of cleaning your nose after rhinoplasty?
Cleaning the nose after plastic surgery has many benefits, such as the following:
- Prevent mucus from building up in the nose, which leads to infection.
- Reduce nasal congestion, which contributes to better breathing.
- Remove the dried blood from the nose.
- Prevent bad smell from the nose after the operation.
Allergic rhinitis after plastic surgery doesn't mean neglecting to clean your nose, all you have to do is keep your nose gently clean, to speed up the healing and recovery process, and to protect yourself from harmful possible complications such as infection.