Stomach germs grow in the digestive system to attack the lining of the stomach and can damage the stomach and small intestine, causing various symptoms to appear. What are the symptoms of psychogenic stomach germs?
Psychogenic Stomach Germ Symptoms
H. pylori can cause depression and anxiety as psychological symptoms of this condition, and studies have found a link between psychological disorders and H. pylori; This is thought to be related to the fact that stomach germs cause an alteration in the levels of various hormones; Including serotonin and dopamine, which affect a person's psychological state, but more studies are still needed to prove this.
Other symptoms of H. pylori
Among the other symptoms caused by stomach germs, we mention the following:
- dull or burning pain sensation in the stomach; The patient usually feels this pain at night and a few hours after eating, it can last from minutes to hours, and it can disappear for several days to weeks, and then reappear. ((For more, read the article: Tips to prevent stomach pain after eating))
- Unintentional weight loss.
- Vomiting, or vomiting blood.
- Dark stools or bloody stools.
Methods to treat stomach germs.
pylori are treated with triple therapy, which is done by using two types of antibiotics along with proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) for 10 to 14 days, and the following is a statement:
- Antibiotics: Clarithromycin is usually prescribed with amoxicillin (amoxicillin) or metronidazole.
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs): such as omeprazole, esomeprazole, lansoprazole, or pantoprazole.
Tips to relieve symptoms of stomach germs
Among them, we mention the following:
- Take medications in the dosage and form recommended by the doctor, and do not stop them just to feel better.
- Contact your doctor if you experience any problems or side effects with any of the medications.
- Eat smaller meals more often, instead of 3 large main meals.
- Avoid eating food in the few hours before bed.
- Quitting smoking causes irritation of the stomach lining and symptoms return or increase in severity.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol.
- Avoid taking any medication without consulting a doctor, as some of them can cause stomach irritation, Such as: aspirin, ibuprofen and other non-steroidal pain relievers.
Forbidden foods for stomach germs
It is recommended to avoid foods that irritate the stomach or increase the secretion of gastric juices, especially during the treatment period, these foods include the following:
- caffeinated foods and beverages; Like coffee, tea and chocolate.
- Drinks without alcohol.
- citric fruits; Like lemon and orange.
- spicy foods rich in pepper; Including: garlic, mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, soy sauce, chicken bouillon cubes, etc.
- fatty meat.
- Fried food.
- yellow cheeses.
- processed meat
- canned foods.
Foods allowed for stomach germs
Among them, we mention the following: 
- Large amounts of water.
- white cheeses.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- probiotic-rich foods; Like yogurt and pickles.
- foods high in good fats; Like fish oil and olive oil.
- Broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage.
- White meat and fish.
How to prevent stomach germs
Includes the following:
- wash hands thoroughly with soap and water; Especially after going to the bathroom, and before preparing or eating food.
- Avoid eating dirty food or drinking water, or food and drinks served or served by people who have not washed their hands properly.
- Avoid eating undercooked foods.
((The stomach germ can be accompanied by stomach ulcers, and you may have wondered: What are the tips to follow to treat stomach ulcers?))