Rhinoplasty is one of the operations that has many instructions that must be followed and considered so that the nose does not get hurt and the surgery fails, and in this article we will talk about showering after rhinoplasty.
How to shower after rhinoplasty?
When it comes to showering after rhinoplasty, there are several things the patient should be aware of:
- It is recommended to cover the nasal splint with a dry cloth or plastic wrap.
- Shampooing in the shower is allowed one week after the operation.
- The patient should not shower alone, but have someone by their side, as they may feel dizzy while showering.
- The painkillers the patient is taking can make them drowsy, so be careful not to fall in the bathroom.
- You should only shower with lukewarm water for two weeks after rhinoplasty, as hot water can make the patient dizzy.
- It is forbidden to lean forward during the shower so that the nose splint does not get wet.
- To cleanse the body, one takes a bath in a tub and cleanses the body from the neck down.
- For hair, the patient sits in a chair and puts their head in the sink, then someone other than the patient checks the water temperature and cleans the patient's hair.
- As for cleaning the face, only the area around the splint is washed and cleaned, taking care not to wet the nasal splint.
When can I shower after rhinoplasty?
The patient can take a shower naturally after removing the splint on the nose, because the dampness of the splint may affect the result of the operation, and the splint is removed after 1-2 weeks after rhinoplasty, and the period varies according to the instructions of the attending physician, and during the period when the splint is in the nose Showering is allowed after two days of rhinoplasty, but showering is only allowed from the neck area down low and using lukewarm water.
As for cleaning the hair and the head, it is permissible to shower all over the body at least two days after the operation, and in the manner we have mentioned.
Other tips after rhinoplasty
There are several other tips that the patient should follow after rhinoplasty, such as:
- Avoid strenuous exercise, such as aerobic exercise.
- Don't blow your nose to clean it.
- Eat fiber-rich foods to avoid constipation.
- Brush your teeth gently, until you limit the movement of your upper lip.
- Wear clothes that open at the front, such as button-down clothes, and don't pull clothes over your head.
Taking a shower after rhinoplasty is a difficult job, and it requires caution, as getting the nasal splint wet can cause it to drop and thus affect the results of the operation and the shape of the nose, so care should be taken follow these instructions. and if the patient cannot apply them, it is recommended to use dry shampoo even though normal showering is allowed, and there are other tips that the patient should pay attention to after rhinoplasty, such as not blowing the nose to clean it, brushing the teeth gently, and others.